Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P.

I have some of the bakelite blocks rebuilt and two of the filter caps in. I used Morzh's technique on the bakelites. I had two of them that fought me tho. I think the wax must be a little softer on some over others, and my allen wrench tended to push through instead of pushing the stuff out. I could still dig out with a small screwdriver, just wasnt as neat as I'd like. They were identical caps, so I hope the rest will push out like the line filter. I found the reason for the clipped lead on the #45 block - looks like R30 has been pretty warm at some point, probably from a leaky cap in the block, so they "fixed" it by clipping the lead. Another note is the wires from the plate of the 42. The tone control wire was bad bad bad. Also the wires from the speaker were bad, so they got replaced. I replaced the wire all the way to the 42 plate since it would crack the insulation if flexed - with full B+ on this one, I wanted a good wire.

I found several resistors that were off spec as well, R39, 38, 16, 55, 18 and 30. I am waiting on a few parts to come, hopefully by the weekend, can power up and see 'whats in the box'.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-16-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-25-2014, 08:48 AM