Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 620 part 57 identification

Newbie question. I see from the Chassis parts list that part 57 is listed as a ".1 MFD tubular condenser, It's not a tubular condenser it's a Bakelite
block with multiple connections. What is you experience on this, how many cap are there inside of it, and is the parts list identification incorrect? Thanks for the help.

God Bless,

Dave B

Sometimes run into these things with a Philco. See what the part no. is on side of the bakelite block. Then see if it is listed on the philcorepairbench.com. Some of the lugs on the block may be only tie points for other things.

Richard

In Service Bulletin 218, for the Model 620, capacitor #57, is a wax-paper tubular cap; 0.1uF, p/n 30-4122.

In the later production run chassis', see Service Bulletin 218A, that cap is now a bakelite block cap; 0.09uF, p/n 4989-SG. Essentially a 0.1 uF cap, in today's standard values.

Took a closer look at it, can't see any numbers on the one side and the other side is not real accessible. It does not look like just a junction block in that the power cord ties into two of it's terminals. I also noted leads coming up from inside the block indicating that there are cap(s) inside it. Perhaps the tubular cap, part 57 is inside the block, I really don't know. I just finished rebuilding the # 20 bakelite block and PTL it came out OK. Perhaps someone else knows about this mysterious bakelite block listed as a tubular ca.? Thanks. Icon_rolleyes

God bless,

Dave

Chuck, thank you, boy you get rate to the nitty gritty. I thought there was a cap inside that block, apparently there is only one cap inside it, correct? I bought a cap kit and replaced all the other caps but only have one left over, a 334 uf and can't figure out where it goes. I rebuilt the other two bakelite blocks and PTL they both worked out but this block, part 57, seems to be a really busy place with all sorts of connections to it. Should be some interesting getting that one out and rebuilt. Any suggestion please let me know. Thanks. Icon_biggrin

God bless,

Dave