Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Field coil repair.

So, need to repair a few field coils.

The speaker shop has moved and not accepting orders 'till some time in the fall.
The Sound Remedy don't do field coils.
I called other guys from the local list - they do not do field coils.

The guy from the Lake Hiawatha, John, so far did not answer. I left him a message again, but I still do not know if he does field coils.

Where do I turn?

You might be able to do it your self I did one in my sparton 1466 using a 3/8" drill runnig slow it took two days.

My two days totally worth paying someone who likes drills and bobbins 50 bucks. Icon_lol

hope you find someone to do it

There is someone in Texas who is highly recommended by someone on AudioKarma:

http://drfieldcoil.wordpress.com/

Disclaimer: I know nothing about "Dr. Field Coil." In fact, I had never heard of him until I did a Bing search for "speaker field coil repair."

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

I found his name yesterday when randomly searching for field coil repair people on some forum.

I wrote him a letter yesterday right there (through the form on the website) and am waiting for reply.

He was described as a person who knows all there is about to know of speakers.

I was thinking that one of the radio clubs in the South...possibly the Alabama Historical Radio Society...offered speaker repair and field coil winding, and that someone here had used their services?

But I went to the club website last night...no mention of speaker repair or field coil winding.

I must be getting old.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron

They in fact did my shadow-graph coil a year ago. Not bad, 50 bucks. Filed coil is a child's play compared to it.
If the Field Dr. does not get back to me, I will bother the Alabamans.

Ah HA...so I'm not crazy or senile (yet)! Icon_wink

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

At least not to the degree you are thinking of Icon_lol

The Alabama Historical Radio Society rewound the field coil on my Model 70 approximately two years ago. The cost was approximately $50 + shipping. Prompt and excellent work. My contact was Dave Cisco. PM me and I'll provide Dave's address/telephone number.

Allen

Allen

Thanks, I have Dee Haynes and Dave Cisco contacts saved from that shadowmeter rewinding job. I sent them a message.
I could use Dave's phone - we spoke but he called me on my cell and I did not keep his number.

I will PM you.

Mike.

Dee answered me, said it is about 65 dollars to rewind.
Yes they do the whole speaker repair, soup to nuts.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Yep, not bad.