Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 90 - another error?

Hi forum,
I am close to finished the 90. I found a strange thing that is either an error which I have not heard about or a complete coincidence. Part number 1 (10 Kohms resistor) reads 10 Ohms. It is an original dogbone. Should this be 10K or 10 ohms...or is this a possible error? After hearing about the schematic mistakes, nothing would surprise me. Thanks fellas- I'll put a pic of her up once she's singing-
BDI

BDI.

A stupid question - did you unsolder your #1 or you are buzzing it still soldered across the antenna coil?

(btw which 90)?

not that stupid...remember i'm still learning. It is connected to the coil, but i'm reading it at the ends of the resistor, bypassing the coil. Will the coil affect the reading?

Sorry, but what you just said makes no electrical sense.
Simple question has been asked: Have you unsoldered the resistor or is it in-circuit?

If it is, you are reading the coil and not the resistor.

Single 47...

It Is In Circuit... however I'm not reading both ends of the coil. I'm reading both ends of the resistor, but it is soldered in place

OK.

I am not getting through, do I....

(I also asked what version of 90 it is).

You need to learn your basics.

Here is one of the basics.

If you have a coil, like an antenna coil, it will have resistance of a few Ohms.
If you parallel two resistances, the smaller one wins.

By checking your resistor in-circuit you are paraleling a high 10K resistor with low 10 Ohms or so coil.

The coil wins.

Never Thought Of That Possibility. I AM Glad You Guys Are Here To Keep Me In Line...Thanks Morz- ((... Its A Single 47))

Well, the good news is, your antenna coil is OK. At least this one.