Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-3XX Console Radio

(04-10-2015, 08:20 PM)ecstunter Wrote:  I'm not sure about his radio.  The person hasn't gotten back to me yet.  It's 3 or 4 days now.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

My buddy has one of those here in Dallas and I think he would sell it and it has the factory cloth still in it and in very good condition. You also may wait till the BIG BIG antique radio auction here in Garland tx . May 9th and you also can bid on line. Don't you live in the area. I do , I refinish radio cabinets for THE RADIOMAN in Garland Tx.That's where the auction will be at . 

(04-11-2015, 12:17 AM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  
(04-10-2015, 08:20 PM)ecstunter Wrote:  I'm not sure about his radio.  The person hasn't gotten back to me yet.  It's 3 or 4 days now.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

My buddy has one of those here in Dallas and I think he would sell it and it has the factory cloth still in it and in very good condition. You also may wait till the BIG BIG antique radio auction here in Garland tx . May 9th and you also can bid on line. Don't you live in the area. I do , I refinish radio cabinets for THE RADIOMAN in Garland Tx.That's where the auction will be at . 

Hi Fred,
Yes I live in Waxahachie.  I joined VRPS in January.  I had forgotten about the auction on May 9th.  Thanks for the reminder.  Will you be at the meeting this month?  I'd like to introduce myself.

Crist

(04-11-2015, 12:25 AM)ecstunter Wrote:  
(04-11-2015, 12:17 AM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  

Hi Fred,
Yes I live in Waxahachie.  I joined VRPS in January.  I had forgotten about the auction on May 9th.  Thanks for the reminder.  Will you be at the meeting this month?  I'd like to introduce myself.

Probably not, I was at the last one and that was the club auction, did you go?

If you get it I have the knob.
Call it a welcome gift for only $8.95 processing Icon_lol

Kidding of course

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Fred,
Yeah I was at our auction last month. I sat in the back about in the middle. Were you over by wall?

Crist

(04-11-2015, 07:02 AM)OldRestorer Wrote:  If you get it I have the knob.
Call it a welcome gift for only $8.95 processing Icon_lol

Kidding of course

Kirk

Wow, you are very generous!  Does that include Priority Mail?  I'm usually very impatient!  Icon_biggrin

Still nothing from the seller.

Crist

(04-11-2015, 09:18 AM)ecstunter Wrote:  Fred,
Yeah I was at our auction last month.  I sat in the back about in the middle.  Were you over by wall?

Yes I was sitting by the wall next to the Big guy Henry Harmony, I sold 3 console radios there, do remember the philco 116b tombstone, I was the 1 who won the bid on it .

(04-11-2015, 11:31 AM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  
(04-11-2015, 09:18 AM)ecstunter Wrote:  Fred,
Yeah I was at our auction last month.  I sat in the back about in the middle.  Were you over by wall?

Yes I was sitting by the wall next to the Big guy Henry Harmony, I sold 3 console radios there, do remember the philco 116b tombstone, I was the 1 who won the bid on it .

Yup, I remember seeing you. 
I won the bid on the Conar tube tester, the Eico 320 Signal generator, and the variac.

We just never met.  Hopefully I'll met you at the May auction.

Crist

Crist

1938 ad referred ti earlier...

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, the CL has been deleted and never any contact from the seller despite multiple emails over the past week. Looks like I was never meant to get it. I'll see what the May 9th auction has.

Crist

Guys I have this console, its an OK console but I only Took it because it was thrown in with another two consoles the guy was selling. I have not worked on it yet but it is supose to be an ok set when done properly.

(04-16-2015, 06:17 PM)PhilcoJohn Wrote:  Guys I have this console, its an OK console but I only Took it because it was thrown in with another two consoles the guy was selling. I have not worked on it yet but it is supose to be an ok set when done properly.

John,
You mean this very console from Mansfield or one like it?

Crist

(04-16-2015, 08:05 PM)ecstunter Wrote:  
(04-16-2015, 06:17 PM)PhilcoJohn Wrote:  Guys I have this console, its an OK console but I only Took it because it was thrown in with another two consoles the guy was selling. I have not worked on it yet but it is supose to be an ok set when done properly.

John,
Doesn't John live In  New York.

(04-16-2015, 08:15 PM)Fred Taylor Wrote:  
(04-16-2015, 08:05 PM)ecstunter Wrote:  

John,
Doesn't John live In  New York.

OK, never mind!

Crist

yeah purchased it in n.y. Its sitting in my living room waiting...