Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Beam of Light

I don't mind fixing them up.. That's fun. What I meant was If I had known of this forum with all the expertise I would have known what I was getting into.. especially 1942 Radios with all their problems. Knowing this now I will be more prepared when I get something else.

PS The question still stands: Is that why we are missing some parts.

Because we have changers that have the "modified" motor and drive wheel kit installed. The original motor has a different motor and a "bell" drive wheel that turns the platen.

Skip

skip
I can not anwer you question about your turn table but
41 bol are a real pain in a** it has a coupler  from motor to spindle  that is pot metal and rubber
 very easy to snap some day will figure out have to fix
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(05-29-2015, 08:23 PM)vecher Wrote:  I don't mind fixing them up.. That's fun. What I meant was If I had known of this forum with all the expertise I would have known what I was getting into.. especially 1942 Radios with all their problems. Knowing this now I will be more prepared when I get something else.

PS  The question still stands:  Is that why we are missing some parts.

Because we have changers that have the "modified" motor and drive wheel kit installed. The original motor has a different motor and a "bell" drive wheel that turns the platen.

Skip

The modified motor and idler wheel kit didn't have anything to do with the Beam of Light pickup, as far as I've heard the kit was just to eliminate the unreliable two speed feature. However the BOL pickup used a mirror and a selenium photocell so something may have gone wrong with the photocell, but who knows what really happened?
Regards
Arran

Ok Thanks. My BOL pickup has been gutted and no parts are there. It was replaced by a Cartridge. The turntable has "modified" motor and drive wheel kit . So one said and had eliminated the speed control.. So was just asking if that was the case or were we missing parts. Right now everything works. Not original .. But working..

So for now everything is OK..

Thanks to all who have responded..

Skip... Icon_wave