Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Museum Quality Philco Console 37-690 Radio

So glad to hear you are going to be there Ron! My booth number is 345 which is around the center of the pavilion and on the outside row. Thanks for the heads up for early stereo gear. I have some good ones I will bring.

I dusted the 37-690 and my wife will take the photos since she's the one in the family with the photographic talent! Besides, she should be ready and willing since it's her birthday and I just took her out for lunch (hot and bleu cheeseburgers, a zesty delight) and will take her out for an Italian dinner and a movie of her choice

Okay, here are two very quickly taken and not particularly well lit photos Anna took for me last night of my 37-690. I have a private collector (the guy who was going to have one restored and refinished for some hundreds less than my asking price) and judging from fees ebay will take, I am going to offer it to him for $3,200.00. If he passes, it will be fair game. Best regards, Sam

/Users/sms/Desktop/philco.jpg/Users/sms/Desktop/Philco top.jpg

Once again, I don't know if I'm doing this right because I didn't see a box pop up asking for photos and all I see above are letter descriptions. May need some guidance! First photo is the front of the set buried in a corner of my overcrowded radio room and the second it the top of the set.

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=29

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=29

From "How To Do Things in the Phorum."
http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/forumd...php?fid=27

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hope this time I uploaded the photos correctly.

Sam            

Attached Files Image(s)

How about that---one beautiful radio with THREE tops and all identical. Do you think I have a new production line running here??!! LOL.

Sam

Well, for starters, this is 37-690, not 38-690. The topic still calls the latter one.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Ron: I made a mistake from the beginning which I acknowledged along the way in the thread. Guess it's too late to change the title?

Hey guys, you can still give opinions on what you think of the quality of the radio. It IS still a great Philco!!

thanks,

Sam

It's never too late to change the title of a thread. I've done it for you, along with making two slight corrections to the text in your initial post in this thread to make it all make sense.

For future reference:

If you start a thread and have a valid need to change the thread title later, all you have to do is:

1. Go to the first post in the thread.
2. Click the Edit button under that first post and then click Full Edit.
3. You will see a text box to the right of the word Subject with the title of the thread. Make your changes as needed.
4. Scroll down and click the Update Post button.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thank you for your help Mr. Ron. You are not only the chief of staff, but also fearless leader, great author, and a good friend!

Sam

PS. And he who designed a very versatile website!