Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco tropic model 42-760

picker
if you could show a good pic of bottom of chassis. we could see in are heads better
or if some one had touch wiring already

their are several pic hosting apps. I use photo bucket  but it not great

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(11-06-2016, 01:53 PM)sam Wrote:  picker
if you could show a good pic of bottom of chassis. we could see in are heads better

sam

Attached Files Image(s)

one can has been bypassed. that would explain different color wires

a pic with new electrolytic cap wired in would be helpful so we see what you see
here is a post on how to restuff cans if you want

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=7533

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(11-06-2016, 02:54 PM)the picker Wrote:  

sam

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-06-2016, 03:09 PM)the picker Wrote:  
(11-06-2016, 02:54 PM)the picker Wrote:  

sam

Attached Files Image(s)

if you look at the jumper wires you will see green is negative and yellow is positive and did you notice the green speaker wire at the bottom of the cap where does that go to thanks

also if you look at the picture with the 15 mfd cap still attached to the chassis there is a red wire going to the 40 uf cap with green tape attached which also goes to tube 80 and also another red wire going to the terminal wire next to it

Hi after looking at the chassis and the earlier drawing I am not sure on connecting the 15 uf cap just wondering if anyone can help me thanks

I always ,,pull all tubes ,,when soldering,,on the pin ternimals

thanks for the advice but can you help with my problem with the v15 uf cap thanks

(11-07-2016, 03:58 AM)the picker Wrote:  Hi after looking at the chassis and the earlier drawing I am not sure on connecting the 15 uf cap just wondering if anyone can help me thanks

Plus side goes the plus side of the 47uf cap. Minus side goes the #77 the 1 megohm resistor. Find #77 on the pictorial next to the schematic, as you find it in your chassis it will have a brown band, next a black band and a green band. One side of this resistor is connected to another resistor #76 a 100k ohm resistor and it has a brown, black, yellow bands. This is NOT where 15uf connects but to the other side of the one meg ohm resistor #77 This side has a lead connecting it to the power transformer (yellow/green wire). Also there is a wire going to the spkr field coil connected there too.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

so you are saying the positive side of the 15 uf cap has one connection and the negative side has three connections thanks

(11-07-2016, 07:26 PM)the picker Wrote:  so you are saying the positive side of the 15 uf cap has one connection and the negative side has three connections thanks

Yup

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I will look at the radio tomorrow after work and let you know if it all makes sense and thanks so much for your help Terry

I looked at the radio and if I connect the 15 uf to the positive side of 40 uf cap I have 4 wires left 1 the green speaker wire ;2 the one that goes to resistor 77 and on to the power transformer; 3 another wire that goes to what looks like a small power transformer in the middle of the chassis ;and 4 a red wire that goes to a terminal lug that has a brown green orange resistor attached and red wire that goes to the if transformer and a wire that goes to the power transformer in the middle of the chassis