Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My 16B

Thanks.  I don't want it too red and yet I don't like it as yellow as it is after stripping.  I'll probably stick with browns as you suggest.

Any other finish guru's have suggestions?  Finishing is not my thing!

So here's where I'm at. 1 coat of finish lacquer.  The flash makes it more red than it is.  Also it is darker.  Way to easy to get carried away with the toner!  Most of the toner was a combination of walnut toners with VanDyke on the sides to get rid of some of the red- it didn't!  Not as red as the pics show, but still red.  The Nikon seems to like to emphasize red.

Still have a lot to learn about using toners.

EDIT:  I changed the pics so that they are closer representation of actual color.  I used natural light.

Looks good to me..... Icon_thumbup

Steve

Agreed. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Except for replacing the broken escutcheon, it's finished! With the speaker in the cabinet, this is a surprisingly good sounding radio. I did modify the tone control slightly. I added a .001 cap to the third position and changed the .003 to a .002 in the 4th position. This gives it a bit of a progressive HF rolloff in the last 2 positions. For most of my listening, the .003 was too big of a jump. I like to listen to it in position 3 with just the .001 and full bass. Final pics:

Very nice job. Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Beautiful !, . . . as usual.

Good grief! they are producing brand new Philcos again Icon_smile

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

That’s really, really nice!

What a beauty  great job!!! Icon_thumbup