Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

my latest project built reproduction filter capacitor

Hello Ron,
Yes that one of the reasons I choose those capacitors .

Sincerely Rich

It's definitely simpler using a Solen cap, since they are a larger value in one package, but those are only good for the single section cans.
Regards
Arran

Hello Arran,
I agree with you ! Anyway Christmas break was great now it is time to get working on this radio again.
Sincerely Rich

Hello guys,
Well over the winter I will be doing something similar but stuffing cans on in my Philco 38-10T
Which has two Filter can's one containing a 12ufd and the other which contains two capacitors a 4ufd and a 8ufd in the same can .
Sincerely Richard
P.S. I will post photos of that Zenith chassis because my next item for that chassis is to make repo dog bone resistors .

Hi Rich, Since you are working on a 38-10, and since this thread has a lot of discussion of re-stuffing electrolytic condensers, and such. I figured you might like to go over my own thread about restoring a 38-10. The two section electrolytics are a pain in the butt to rebuild. Unlike the single section one which are filled with a liquid, and are pretty easy to rebuild, the two section ones are "DRY ELECTROLYTICS" and are completely filled with goo which is a bear to get out. I found it easier to just make reproduction cans. Here is a link to my thread... https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=22318

Hello Mike,
that Sounds Great my Chassis is missing one can thou and I have not pulled the chassis to see which one is missing .
Sincerely Richard