Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Production Numbers vs. Model Numbers

I know I have seen it somewhere but searches here and on Google have left me high and dry.

The question does anyone (aimed at you Ron...Icon_wink ) have a listing of the approximate Philco production quantities for each model number?

Especially interested in 1930's era radios.

Standing by,

Thanks,

Mike

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952

Answer is on the main page. Look under Photo Galley.

Thanks, Tom Icon_thumbup

...and here's a link to the Gallery:

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/index.htm

Philco Furniture History, an in-house Philco publication that was more of a "scrap book" of their various radio cabinets, year by year, was the source of the production figures that I have. Unfortunately, production numbers are not available for every cabinet, and Philco combined the figures for several models when they used the same cabinet. For these, individual production figures are not available.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I think Ron has Mr. Skinner's private office phone number too....
;-)

Chuck

Yep. The PhD. (Doctor of Philcology) Icon_clap

I had a fellow collector friend in Alberta that thought you could figure out how rare or common something was based on how high the serial number was. The trouble with that is how do you know what number they started with in the first place? How do you know that maybe the low serial number wasn't just the result of your radio being from an early production run. As for sharing cabinets among models Canadian Westinghouse used to be notorious for that, one set that I have is a five tube AC model but they had a seven tube farm set that used the same cabinet, the same is true of the Westinghouse used in "A Christmas Story" they used a few different chassis in that cabinet and in other cabinets.
Regards
Arran