Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kirk's 84

Thanks Ron.

I guess right now I have few oltions.
I let Kirk do that - in order of learning, now that it is functional and singing.

On the dial and pointer there are repros made. I bought a few of the pointers at Ktown last fall. You can align the set with the tuning cap @ min capacitance for 1700KC (ant and osc). The alignment of the IF doesn't matter (tuning cap setting) but will greatly affect the performance of the set. Needs to be on the nose.
Terry

Terry, who is selling those pointers? If I can't go to K-town in September, I will ask my "Kutztown Konnection" if he would not mind picking up a few for me also. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I guess I can try that.
I takeit, in this radio there are no other limiters to the tuning cap than the cap itsef, so I use fully open position for 1700?

hey mike
can`t you use a thin piece of plastic. drill hole in it then use bolt to make threads in it to at least tune it ?
sam

Sam

It's a great idea. Except I do not have the bolt.
I am not sure what it is. Looks like smaler than 4-40, and I ave an old pot where the lugs are secured wit the nuts of the same dameter but he thread does not mayc- once the nut goes full depth it stops.

Otherwse I thouht to do exact same thing.

I also thought a softer plastic would self-tap if drilled and forced to the bolt but I am no sure where to get the pastic....should be like a nylon, I have none at home.

Kirk

Aso- I used one of the wirenuts you had on that wire that zapped you in Halson to serve as a makeshift knob for that trimmer.

I was not able to get the oscillation when fully screwed in.

So: 1. When and if you decide to make this handle for regen trimmer, and when you order from Mouser, order a mica cap 5pF or so. 2. Put it across that trimmer an then perform a simple proc with getting the squeal and dialing back.
It works well now, and it just might be so if is where it should be after that adjustment, but before you do it like it should be done, you will never know.

This is it for the 84.